Marketing has drastically changed over the past 2 years. This transformation has occurred because of digital marketing. Startups are fueled by sales. In order to increase sales and enhance growth, startups adopt digital marketing.
However, fail in the execution as not all digital marketing strategies are effective for all organizations. Let’s look at some of the most profitable strategies that can enhance growth of your startup.
1. Pay Per Click (PPC) Marketing
A form of digital marketing with which the search engine brings customers to your website. It is the perfect tool to generate sales leads.
Listed below are a few practical advantages of PPC ads that work wonders for startups:
- Control over expenditure- essential for startups
- High ROI- only pay when an interested person clicks on your ad
- Immediate results- no need to wait for outcomes
- Reaches the right audience, at the right time with the right ad
- Detailed data and insights available- help analyze campaign
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Today, having your company’s website is an essential part of generating sales. However, the problem is there are tons of websites out there of various companies belonging to your industry. It is important for your website to come on top when your audience searches for relevant keywords. This is where SEO plays a crucial role.
It helps bring traffic to your website as well as builds trust amongst the customers. How? If your website ranks high when your customers search for relevant keywords, it leaves an impression that yours is a reputable company.
3. E-mail Marketing
Digital marketing has evolved exceptionally but, e-mail marketing is here to stay! That’s right! It is also considered to be delivering a heavy ROI to marketers. A recent survey(1.1) conducted by Data Marketing Association (DMA) and Demand Metric found that the median ROI delivered by e-mail marketing was 122%, four times higher than the other marketing channels. This survey was conducted in June, 2016.
Isn’t that an impressive ROI? Additionally, e-mail marketing is also very cost-effective. Mentioned below are a few tips on how to get started with e-mail marketing:
- Make it catchy- A lot depends on your subject line. So make it catchy and engaging
- Avoid jargons- Use simple persuasive language
- Use bullets- Break the clutter and make the text more legible
- Talk more about what is good for the customer rather than, your product
- Lastly, optimize e-mails for mobile devices as more and more people access mails through their phones
4. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
One of the most used forms of digital marketing is social media marketing. Everybody is using social media. Hence, your business needs a social media presence too. It also helps create a distinguished image of your brand. Following are a few benefits offered by social media marketing:
- Establishes brand identity
- Increases traffic as well as exposure
- Generates leads and improves search ranking
- Develops loyal customers over a long period of time
SMM is a double-edged sword. While, it has several advantages, it can also backfire if not used appropriately. Hence, brands need to be careful while selecting the social media channel.
Remarketing is a wonderful digital marketing strategy to advertise to people who have visited your website in the past. It is one of the best ways to re-engage your visitors. It helps you ensure that people who visited your site get to see your ads over the web.
6. Digital PR
Digital marketing allows building your brand through various techniques. Online PR, one of them, is an amazing way to tell your story. PR agencies help organizations to send their stories to relevant media houses or bloggers. The essential requirement for effective PR is a great storyline.
7. Digital Media Buying
Buying ad space for different spaces such as Google search, Facebook ads, and display ads are all a part of digital media buying. It is essential to buy relevant as well as reputable advertorial spaces. It may be expensive, but it is definitely effective.
So adapt these impactful digital marketing strategies and help your startup prosper in the world of digital media. (Even more strategies to help you with!) Visit our website to know more about digital marketing.
Survey Source: 1.1