Amazon, the leading global ecommerce portal is all set to open its biggest Fulfillment Centre (FC) at Kothur in Telangana. Their efforts would really boost the ecommerce marketing and development in India.
Amazon India’s director for operations, Mr. Akhil Saxena said the FC will also enable faster and quicker delivery of products to amazon.in customers in the region.
- The FC will be spread over 2,80,000 square feet and is located 60 kms away from Hyderabad. It will be the biggest among the 11 warehouses that Amazon has in eight states across the country.
- The facility will have a storage capacity of over 2.5 million cubic meters
- The state government has allotted 10 acres of land for the campus in the IT corridor of Gachibowli.
- Amazon will be investing about Rs. 1,800 crores in the facility, said an official in the state’s IT department.
Benefit to SMBs:
- The new facility will help Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) in Telangana and the nearby region to gain access to and service customers across the country at low operating costs.
- Amazon has already signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Telangana to train thousands of sellers across the state in ecommerce and take advantage of the digital economy.
- Amazon India will offer trainings to SMEs through seminars, workshops, video aids and ready reckoners on how to list and manage inventory for an ecommerce business.
Telangana’s Information Technology Minister, Shri K. Tarakarama Rao inaugurated the FC and stated that Amazon will build a 2.8 million square feet campus in Hyderabad, which will be its biggest campus outside the United States. Work on the project would begin soon.
The minister, who visited United States last month, said he requested Amazon to set up a data centre in Hyderabad and bring Amazon Web Services (AWS),which is a collection of remote computing services, to Telangana and he is expecting a delegation from the US to visit Hyderabad soon.