The policies mentioned below, describe the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accepted this policy when you signed up for our Service. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be immediately effective from the time of the post.
How we collect information about you
When you visit our website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information to verify your identity or address, such as your date of birth or other information.
While you use our services, we may collect information about your computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log on to our site. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in India, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable rules and regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our User Agreement
- customize, measure and improve our services and the content and layout of our website
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint services and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services to you unless you have approved it.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, we need to do so to comply with law.
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Ecumen will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using the “Contact Us” feature on our site.